"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Charting the course

Reading "Wishcraft" is a real trip. As a book determined to help you realize your goals, it sure could stand for an update. No references to email or the internet, as it was written in 1979. It reminds me of Sagan's "Dragons of Eden" (there's a fascinating new game that is able to mimic physics- it's called 'Pong'...). The message still rings true regardless.

I am in the process of making a flow chart to realize my dream of producing "MechaWest" (or more likely having "MechaWest" produced). I've come up with some great ideas and clarifications in how that could be realized, and the negativity is being swept away. The part about creating the series and having it produced still demands a connection. There's actually more to it than getting an agent who will get me a producer who then will get me my show produced; that's one branch still floating around on its own. I don't know why this is all so challenging to lay out, but perhaps my right and left brains are squabbling over how to do it. I'm close, but it's no cigar just yet. When it becomes coherrant, I'll make it pretty and place it on the official MechaWest Mosaic Board.

Going to have a glass of wine with my wife now.

No comments: