"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Friday, July 30, 2010

Dreary Day 2: Cruise Control

Once again it's raining. I'll be able to break the day by going out and buying a few things. Errands, as it were.

I'm also finishing the first draft of my spec script today- right on schedule. It's not looking bad, but comedy is, well, subjective. What's funny to me may not be funny to James Urbanik and Doc Hammer. However, if I can clean it up, I just may have something. Clean, clean, clean...

My paycheck from the State was a litle larger than expected, due to the three paychecks in July instead of the usual two- meaning that health and dental deductions were skipped this time. Not a lot of money, but enough of a cushion to have a little fun. Or Taco Bell. Or, sometimes both.

Looking forward to seeing my friends tomorrow. Isolation isn't working for me, so any excuse to get out of the suburbs and connect with old friends is valuable.

No comments: