"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Thursday, July 22, 2010

dreary day doldrums

It's raining out this morning. Which is good, as it takes away the task of watering the perenial garden today, but it increases my feeling of isolation. I've also noticed that I still cling a bit to some arrested development, though I'm not committed to it. For instance, I've been avoiding researching trade publications and industry information in regards to writing. I'm just working on spec script number 2 and will take the next step soon, perhaps in coming up with a third one.

But (the big "but") I've officially registered for the Robert McKee "Story" Seminar coming to St. Paul this fall. I'm excited about it, and I really feel that it's going to open things up for me; creatively, that is. I doubt I'll become wealthy and famous here. An auditorium full of wanna-be writers ain't going to make or break anyone or anything. However, I should get some business cards just for the sake of it.

Today, I plan to write a draft of Act 1 of my spec script. I've been waddling through the fleshed-out draft all this week, and still don't have a few specifics, so I'm going to forge ahead anyway.

No comments: