"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Still writing. I am actually finding it rewarding to be creating something from scratch that has no real bearing on something I will submit, ever have read or published. There's no pressure to have any deadline, just add to something, write down a dream and call it a day.

Speaking of which... I slept in yesterday (no work as it was Veteran's Day). I was having that dream about acting where I don't know my lines and I can't ever remember having a rehearsal. But I am waiting in the wings of the State Theatre in Eau Claire, getting ready to come on as some flamboyant character in a 2 man play, apparently as part of a short play festival. I think I must have been the oldest one there, as the group that went before me on the messy stage were giggling highschool girls. My acting partner went on and started the scene.

I decided not to experience the terror of whatever might come out of my mouth and woke up. A little bit of lucidity- enough to wake up, in any case. Apparently, there's an African tribe that teaches one to control their dreams. Now that would be a day-starter...

Yesterday off was good. A cleaner garage, two job applications mailed/submitted and a smattering of video games made for a good day.

Oh, and writing. I keep adding to a story about a theatre tech guy who makes himself homeless and stays at the theatre where he works. Not great prose, but it serves my 30 day exercise. No expectations or pressure- it flows pretty well once I get going.

No comments: