"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

3:48 Psychosis

It's odd what comes out of the brain in the early morning hours, and then into the laptop. A couple of goofy sketches that will probably go nowhere, but they serve the purpose of my writing exercises. One is very Monty Python inspired, the other more Kids in the Hall. Undeveloped, but they give me a chuckle.

I feel fat lately. It's been almost 5 months since I've run any distance whatsoever.

The Cymbeline reading was fun. I hope to do another one soon, or perhaps even a play.

I am tired of the "come see my play" notices I get through email and Facebook. It makes me jealous and crabby. I mean, I want to see your show, but Christ it reminds me of my own inadequate theatre career that I haven't put to permanent rest. Meaning, I haven't found that other thing I love to do. The thought makes me tired and crabby.

Not entirely unhappy, but crabby.

No comments: