"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I got the sick

I went home after working an hour and a half today. I've had an upset stomach since Friday, and the usual side effects took place. Today was pretty bad as well, and every half hour until about 1:00 pm resulted in an excruciating stomach ache. A flu symptom perhaps, but I made the right call in leaving work- the first time in my nearly 6 months there. At least I'm not vomiting; I'll take a stomach ache any day over puking.

I did get to catch up on a lot of On Demand, though. Some paranormal fun like alien abductions and vampires. Oh, and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001) was in the mix. A CLASSIC.

Writing is going well too. Everyday so far without fail. Lately, I've been plodding through a first draft of Wendigo! for a potential half-hour puppet theatre piece. It's coming along well enough and shaping into something tangible. Bunraku and shadow puppets will tell the story. It's a simple telling of the legend so far, but I'm having fun putting it together.

Which continues the question for me: "What the hell am I doing with theatre?" Ugh. I hate it. So challenging, but it's that whole purging thing. If I don't do it, it'll bother me that I didn't. Argh. My stigma, of course, is that if I complete the purge, it'll cost me $500.

Better to ache than to purge...?

No comments: