"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Halfway there

Today I ran a half-marathon, as dictated by my schedule. Not a bad route, and I only stopped at a PDQ to grab a quick drink (I promised Amy I would). Two blisters on my left foot dictated that I needed new socks. The shoe was a bit tight too. Might need new ones before the race, which is two months away. This is the longest I have ever run at once.

My two auditions went well enough; the Old Log better than the Guthrie. I have a good repoire with Tom Stolz who was there; we chatted for a while afterwards. John Miller-Stephany was late and he looked bored. He did ask me about "Mr. Hulot's Holiday", which I did 12 years ago, so he was at least halfway engaged. Glad that it's over, though. The thank you card will be mailed soon.

The bathroom continues to be a source of never-ending work. The tiling is done, but other projects have emerged for which we are unprepared. One by one...

No comments: