"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Sunday, April 5, 2009

You Better Run, Run, Run

Yesterday I ran "as scheduled" (which means I guessed the milage needed because for some reason this week of my marathon training schedule is cut off on the printed page). I am up to 8 miles, which didn't feel like 8 miles- not sure if it was because I ran a similar route in the same neighborhood last week- as it wasn't as grueling as I first made it out to be. Regardless, it's the longest I've ever run at any one time. So, I've broken the barrier. Next Saturday is 10 miles, so we'll see how we feel after that...

I did my voice demo last week, which was a good process. I'm never confident in my vocal quality, as I never really fully enjoy the way I sound, but my agent and recording coach seemed to think I was all right. 70 seconds of Jared. I am glad I did it, as it was always a market that I wanted to tap into. I still have the little fantasy of doing cartoon voices, so this is a step in the right direction. Or a step, in any case.

I also have a few (rare) auditions coming up. I'm taking a half-day off of work to audition for the Old Log generals next Monday, then later to observe a class at Stages Theatre. I'm still a theatre guy, right? That following Tuesday I need to call for my Equity slot at the Guthrie (finally!). I'm aiming for a Friday audition, as I can just hop the train on my lunch break and walk a few minutes to the site. No doubt I'll take more than my halfhour break to accomplish this, but so what, eh? I'll make up the time one way or another.

That's the latest. I'm still alive and kicking.

No comments: