"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Thursday, February 12, 2009

one step closer

Sandy Boren-Barrett, the Artistic Director at Stages Theatre Company, returned my call today for an informational interview. I need to email her to set it up, but we will probably meet next week.

I have a memory of a few years ago, before I acted there 2 years ago, that she gave me a tour of the facility. I can't remember why I was there in the first place-an audition perhaps? I'm not certain. In any case, I think they have a good thing going. They could be an invaluable resource. It had never occured to me before reading my career books that an informational interview was something you could request. Go figure.

Also excited for taxes. Amy and I are almost done.

Also excited for the wild rice soup I'm whisking right now.

Decided not to run tonight. It's a difficult transition from the YMCA to runs starting from home. The club tends to frown on 50 minute treadmill runs. And the track had "Family Hour" until 7:00 tonight, so that pretty much decided it for me.

No comments: