"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Saturday, February 14, 2009

laugh a minute

I went to see "Unnecessary Farce" at the Old Log last night. My friends Sean and Emily Dooley were in it, and he comped me. He told me about 6 weeks ago that there was quite a bit of behind the scene strife going on; that one of the actresses had quit the show after alot of head butting with the director. Her replacement was pretty good, however. Everyone was very sharp, which was good to see. Even the chatterbox women sitting ahead of me didn't really bother me; they became part of the show. Had I actually paid for the show, I might have felt differently.

It was good to go back there. I saw Tim and Tom Stolz, each of whom had given me a big hug. It was almost exactly a year ago that I finished acting there for "Proposals", which I deemed a very good experience. I'd act there again in a heartbeat. I really felt like a professional actor there. People went there for a good time, and we delivered it to them. Good feeling.

Just went for another 5 mile run. Colder than I thought it would be, but as always it feels like I'm accomplishing something. That feeling of stiffness and the slight shallow "recovery breathing" that takes place afterwards for about an hour is a subtle reminder of this.

I managed to kill the Wizard of Yendor, but didn't get the Amulet quite yet. I'm pretty close, though.

No comments: