"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Friday, July 4, 2008

God bless Amerika

I don't know the source of that title. But it's the 4th and I thought I'd say something at least somewhat patriotic, if not ironical.

Does it not say something that the president was heckled today during a speech? I don't know what was said, or even how appropriate it was to interrupt a speech, but it certainly is a testament as to how angry people are.

No show work today. I've been recovering from a cold and I want to treat it like a holiday. Besides, I have my face buried in a computer daily- time to experience the sunlight. I did get a return email from Jon Ferguson today. He expressed a willingness to look in on a rehearsal of "Oats". It's heartening that someone like Jon at least has the interest to help out and give feedback. I feel that artists like Jon really do enhance the theatre scene here in the Twin Cities, offering a real genuine approach to stagework- something very different than the regular fare of the past 10 years. Glad to know and learn from him.

No comments: