"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Thursday, July 3, 2008

"Oatiness"

I just got sick yesterday. That "summer" cold that comes out of nowhere and makes you feel like it's midwinter. Ick. I think I'm starting to shake it.

That said, I forgot that I linked my google blog to our Fringe page. No more self-serving rants for me; gotta be professional.

Rehearsals are going well. We are getting offbook this week, and I'm actually pretty impressed with the memorization of the cast so far (myself included). Of course there are fumbles and called lines, but having had a two week hiatus hasn't really shaken us.

So, it's almost three in the morning, and I had the monkey-mind going. I couldn't get the "too-do list" out of my head. Props that need assembling, oat wheel that needs building, a laptop operator that needs hiring/volunteering ( I may have to part with my Artist Pass; know anyone?), etc. Really, it'll all come together with tenacity.

No, "Among the Oats" isn't Shakespeare, and it may not make the critics' pick, but I really needed to do it. It's bothered me artistically for years that I never gave it the chance it deserved back in 2002. Now we have a new venue, a new approach, new episodes. When it's done, I can lay it to rest and move on to other things, knowing that I gave it a pretty good shot and fulfilled it as best I could.

No comments: