"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Friday, July 11, 2008

Storm a-comin'

Oooooo! Scary storms affecting practically all of Minnesota. The Dakota County sirens are blaring and the sky is black. The trees they are a-swayin'.

We've had good rehearsals this week. Last night was good, despite the giant turn-of-the-20th-Century cast from Rosetown Playhouse performing out on the Como Pavillion patio. Some kid kept knocking on the door to our conference room while we were rehearsing. Little bastard. I went out twice to yell "whoever was knocking on our door better knock it off RIGHT NOW!!!". I am an old man. The only thing missing was a flaming bag of shit.

Despite that, we're really coming along. We concentrated our rehearsal on "Death", looking at the props I had so far and viewing the slideshow on my laptop. Everyone was pleased as well with the postcards that arrived yesterday. They are on their way to the appropriate folks.

Just have my audition for Frank Theatre on Sunday. I hope to tackle some more prop issues and solve/explore the matter of the use of "duct" (gaff) tape in our show. It'll be a good, fun effect when all is said and done.

No comments: