"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mirror, mirror

I am reminded that I am in the same fix as last year.

Exactly one year ago, I was at a temp job that gave me no work to do. I walked out because I despised everyone there.

This year, I am at a temp job that really has no work for me to do, but the woman I took over for is back from her "medical leave" unexpectedly. I am being shifted around from desk to desk with really no place to go. The people here are ok, though.

Hotmail is down.

So, I am probably bitching about really nothing at all. I have my temp rep "looking into it", and would be willing to go somewhere else that really needed me. Although with my show opening next week, and matinee schedule conflicts soon to follow, I am a little worried. I am willing to stay and hang out, earning dough that I need while attempting to look busy, even though we all know that's bullshit. I feel as though I have no choice at this point (which is bullshit, too; I know I could make more powerful choices).

Angst. Something needs to shift. I need to shift. This isn't working.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Well, what are you working on?

Unknown said...

Well, I have insurance now, that's different...

Actually, perception is better as of late. Still have the job, as I am indeed wanted/needed here. Oh, beloved temp job...I need you too!