"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

new steps and shake-ups

My work day will be cut short soon due to an eye exam follow-up. Most of the day was spent net-surfing as I finished all the calls and updates I could do here at the ol' temp-gig. I tried to figure out what I could do to be productive for my own personal gain, but ended up reading the entry for Dungeons & Dragons and Nethack on Wikipedia. I might bring some writing to do tomorrow if I don't get the next part of my assignment right away. I have an audition tomorrow, too, so that'll eat up some time.

I've been pretty confronted about getting a full-time job, but realize that I'm in no hurry. I just need to be active about finding something that'll work for me and be worthwhile. Something outside of the box that'll contribute to the well-being of my little family. My Equity benefits run out at the end of this month, so I'm getting some new health insurance. Some trendy Medica stuff. I mean, everyone on the brochure looked to be in their mid-20's and healthy enough, able to create fun human pyramids. That *was* me, at one time, in any case (sans pyramids).

No comments: