"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Sunday, July 20, 2008

We don't know who invented the wheel, but...

...we know who's trying to invent the "Oatwheel"!

Um, me.

Trying is the keyword.

I spent 6 hours today with my friend Joe trying to get these damn oats to stick to the hardboard I bought. Great idea in concept, but the 3M adhesive just worked marginally well. Not well enough, though, for the effect I want.

So I brought the boards home in my now sticky oat-filled car. I'll try to apply some contact cement later this week to really make those damn oats stick. What a mess.

Joe was a real trooper. The pizza I bought in exchange for the use of his garage surely wasn't enough. Live and learn, I guess.

No comments: