"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Monday, July 21, 2008

Fringe-fer-All

I just got back from Fringe-for-All #2. "Among the Oats" went dead last, which was weird but welcome. Mark and I prepped well enough, but we went over in time, and were thusly clapped off the stage. He took some liberty in the beginning of our scene to play, which was fine, as the audience got a kick out of what was happening, I think. I kept wondering "What's taking him so long?" I was worried that he couldn't get the tape ripped off for his accessory. I thought the scene went well though.

I just hope people don't think I was an asshole or something as I kind of yelled my last line over the clapping as I walked off the stage. Really, I was having fun with the fact that we went over, and decided to play that up. Oh well. See the play for the play, not for the producing asshole.

I saw some good previews tonight, and some not so good. Par for the course, of course. I had fun. It was different and weird t be a part of the Fringe like that. I need to make an effort to see some of it (more of it) in the weeks to come.

No comments: