"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Coasting...

I am coasting lately, but in a good way. I started rehearsals for my Fringe show last week before the Memorial Day weekend. "Diary of Self Help Boot Camp" by Holly Davis, a self-professed control freak. Her material and play is based on her experience attending a Budhist retreat at a New York hotel with a friend. My only fear is that it might be too didactic, but these preliminary readings and discussions make me think that it will be pretty entertaining. I play Guy, who is pretty much a multi-character, playing gurus, waiters and a musician that pops in and plays a Gershwin tune on the guitar to some parody lyrics. This will be the first time I've played onstage, so the pressure is on! Fortunately, I have a few months to practice and make perfect. It's also good to work with Dipankar Mukherjee (A.D. of Pangea World Theatre). He has some different ways of exploring the text, and respects the material pretty well.

Also have received my books to start a bit of research, trial and error for my possible long-term theatre project. I know that virtually no one reads this blog, but I want to keep it under wraps as to not get too terribly excited or dreamy about something I want to approach methodically. Call me crazy, because I know you do.

And to continue to the cryptic inner-dialogue going, I might be looking at another career altering opportunity this fall. Time will tell as I await a final decision. Of course, as always, more later...

2 comments:

Bill said...

I know that virtually no one reads this blog,

Comment whoring! Comment whoring!

Unknown said...

Your avatar is now my favorite picture, and will go into my timecapsule. "Do not open until 3007!"