"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Monday, April 30, 2007

And we'll all have a really good tiiiime

Still having a pretty good time with the kids at Stages. The script can be a mouthful for some of them at times, but I am having fun. Signing our autographs on the kids programs the weekends is a kick too. A fair amount of mentally disabled kids and adults have made their appearances too. They get a charge out of our attempts at British accents.

It's uncommon to really relish in the experience of showing up and performing. Oftentimes you just want to finish a run and have it done with. But I'm thankful for 3 more weeks of "P and P". Maybe it's the youthful energy of the teens in the show that charges me up (I know it ain't everyone's cup of tea). I'm kicking myself for missing the CTC general auditions (whenever they happened), but I think I like the idea of pursuing more childrens theatre. I think, for good measure, I'll send my h/r over there regardless.

No comments: