"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Small town run

6 months of running will culminate in the Mankato Marathon tomorrow. I'm ready to do it, but I have the usual trepidation. I've spent the day keeping busy in town at the Expo, signing in, eating dinner, and hanging at a coffee shop. Tomorrow I wake up and go for the long haul. Part of me is excited, and the other part is avoiding bedtime at the hotel because of it. I was upset before at the prospect of going alone here- the idea of being constantly the stranger is disheartening. But now I am accepting of the trip away. This started as my own endeavor, and will end my own. I will also try to keep up the blog more up to date, at least before the next one. Been a tough year. The marathon helps put that in perspective.

No comments: