"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Monday, November 1, 2010

Business casual doesn't cover it

Dreamed last night that I was going to speak to writers at the Robert McKee seminar. I made my way down into the auditorium and up on to the stage. I asked two audience members if there was anyone in charge; they didn’t know. I went to center stage and discovered two large wooden podiums and a table with food and water. I turned one of the podiums to suit my needs, and the doors in the wings burst open, revealing Robert McKee and his entourage marching right towards me.


“You,” began one of the minions. “Get off of the stage. And take that tie off!” I was indeed wearing a shirt and tie.

“I appreciate what you’re trying to do,” McKee began, “But you’ll have to leave now.”

Then I woke up.

At least I had clothes on, I suppose. That would have been embarrassing.

No comments: