"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Monday, December 8, 2008

Long night's journey into....night

It's that time of year again! When you wake up before the sun shows itself, and then leave work in the dead of the darkness. It's depressing, but knowing that it'll get lighter sooner, is the only reason I tolerate Minnesota year after year.

I'm also temping again, which is good for the money, but taking the train into downtown is a long haul weekday mornings. It's tolerable enough, and the data entry that accompanies it will last just long enough before it drives me crazy. Still working on finding that day job.

Funny how life works itself out without killing you. Usually.

I've also been working on a couple of ideas for my puppetry project. Admittedly, it's been a challenge this last week actually doing the writing and reading necessary, for starting temp work again tends to sap my strength, and lately coming home and playing Baldur's Gate is about all I want to do. Just a matter of establishing those habits again. The very idea of performing puppetry makes me happy, it's all of the prep work and construction that scares me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jared! You have a blog??? When did this happen? I'm obviously not doing a good enough job of cyber-stalking my former castmates.

I like puppets.

Heather

Unknown said...

Hi! Yes, I blog, much to the chagrin of my wife. At least I don't talk about her being a suspect in the D.B. Cooper case.

Well, not on a regular basis, anyway...