"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Good tech, what a good little tech!

I am so fucking relieved that my tech rehearsal at Intermedia Arts went as well as it did. We finished our set-up, cue-to-cue, run trough and clean up in about 2 hours and 20 minutes I think. The techs were happy to leave early (not sure if they had yet another rehearsal to endure or not). Everyone was pretty competent in dealing with the new territory. The laptop worked wonders and exceeded my expectations. The Oatwheel, yes the Oatwheel, looked not as bad as I thought, and didn't shed uncontrollably. We gained confidence with the use of "duct tape" and didn't disastrous snags. Two more rehearsals to work the kinks out and we'll be fine.

Just so you know. Yes, you.

2 comments:

phillip low said...

Looking forward to it, dude. I just did an article for the Planet -- "Ten Artists I Haven't Seen Before" (although that may not be strictly true in your case), and you're on it, so there's some press for you. Intermedia's pretty close to my venue, too, so I hope I'll be able to catch it.

Unknown said...

Thanks phil! I'm right down the street from you, so I need to sneak in sometime.