"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Monday, August 6, 2007

Fringe

I've gotta stop looking at reviews in the Fringe. Not just the ones for my show, but others as well. It's all so arbitrary, and means nothing even in the short-term. I don't need the rush in seeing if someone likes me or my friends (ooooh! define me!).

The only show I've seen so far, other than the one I'm involved in, was a mess. A few people gave it lukewarm to poor reviews on the Fringe website. The lead actor then took it upon himself to give the show "5 stars" and a glowing review. Ugh. Even in jest, that seems so screwed up to me.

Three more shows as of this writing. It has been a decent, if challenging, experience. Looking forward to cooking along this fall. And compelled to lose weight, get back into shape, and pursue some endeavors while the creative juices flow.

No comments: