"I don't like to discuss Works in Progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back."
--Barton Fink

Monday, June 18, 2007

You can't count on much

I recently hurt 2 people that are very dear to me, and I'm not sure if they'll ever forgive me. It appears that they've cut all ties to me, and I am just sick over it. All over a stupid ill-placed joke that meant nothing. It's a hard lesson learned.

Our words are powerful things. They are all we really have to call our own. They giveth and taketh away. Sometimes they are a blessing, and sometimes they can turn your true intentions 180 degrees. No flippant remarks can truly take back what has been said and done.

I'll miss my friends.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Iiiiiiiiiii've been there. Wait a bit, apologize if you think you should (and if you feel you definitely, no-way, shouldn't).

These things happen. It's okay.

Unknown said...

Thanks Bill. I think I'm on the road to working something out with them.